Otter List Installation Instructions
OtterList installation is a 5 minute process which requires no code changes whatsoever. If you follow the steps below, you can be up and running with an improved list in minutes.
1) Open the project inside Unity in which you would like to install OtterList. For the purposes of this example, we will use the Angry Bots demo that comes with Unity. After you open your project, your editor should look similar to the screen shot above.
2) Open the main AngryBots scene. This step is not required, but will help verify the successful installation of OtterList. The main AngryBots scene may already be open after opening the project, in which case you may skip this step.
3) Click on the OtterList package. When you do, you should see the import dialog as shown above. Click on the Import button to import the package.
4) Once the package has been imported, you should see a “ClockworkOtter” folder in your project, with some sub-folders underneath.
5) IMPORTANT: After the package has been imported, go to “File” and then “Open Project”, and re-open your project to initialize the new OtterList plugin.
6) To test that it is working, expand the “Enemies” tab in the scene, then expand the “EnemyAreas” folder underneath that. Finally, click on “PatrolArea1”. Check your inspector for the “Enemy Area” script, expand the “Affected” tab, and you should see OtterList running. You should have a + and – button next to the list size that lets you expand and decrease the size of the list, as well as a +, a -, and an = button next to each entry. By clicking on the + by an entry, it will insert a new entry in the list just underneath the +. Click on the – by an entry will either delete or clear the entry. Object links not set to None will be cleared, and a second click on the – will delete the entry. If the entry is a basic type, it will be deleted immediately. Clicking and dragging on the = button will allow you to drag an entry into a new position.
Congratulations! You’ve installed OtterList successfully. It will need to be imported into each project that you want to use it with, and once installed, will automatically work with any lists in the Inspector! If you have any questions, issues, or suggestions, don’t hesitate to e-mail us or post in our forums, and we will help you out. Thank you for supporting our product, and keep your eyes open for our additional tools which will be released shortly.